Postdoc position at Lab-STICC IMA Atlantique - Brest : Learning Analytics Dashboards Design
French version Online: https://www.imt-atlantique.fr/sites/default/files/DRH/post-doc_AT41_FR.pdf
Duration : 16-18 months
Starting Date: 1.10.2020 (negotiable)
Location : Lab-STICC research lab, IMT Atlantique, Brest, France
IMT Atlantique is currently seeking a research associate (Post-Doc) for a 36 months project initiated by french Ministry of Education: “Transformation41: From the appropriation of digital tools to the transformation of practices”. IMT Atlantique is one of the most prestigious graduate engineering schools ("Grandes Ecoles") in France. It is a public institution, under the aegis of the Ministry for Industry and is a member of the Institut Mines-Telecom. The college trains future professionals for careers in industry, services and research.
# About the lab
Created since 2008, the Lab-STICC is a multidisciplinary research laboratory in the field of Information and communication science and technology. Researchers work in a single structure within one central theme: “from sensor to knowledge”. The Lab-STICC is a research unit of the French national center for scientific research (CNRS) involving two universities (Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Brest; Université de Bretagne Sud, Lorient) and three graduate schools of engineering (IMT Atlantique, ENSTA Bretagne and ENIB). Under the title UMR 6285, it is attached to department INS2I and INSIS of the CNRS.
The Lab-STICC incorporates more than 566 people including 317 permanent staff, 206 PhD students and 43 non-permanent positions. The staffs are located over the different institutes on several geographical sites in Brittany: Brest, Lorient, Rennes, Quimper and Vannes. Over the last five years, Lab-STICC members have authored more than 700 refereed journal papers, 1800 conference communications and 40 patents. Our research leadership has involved strong academic and industrial collaborations with national and international research grants amounting to more than 30 M€. Lab-STICC members play an important role in the academic training (master, engineering degree) in the field of ICT in western Brittany. Several partner institutions are in charge of these courses. The Transformation41 is a project of a newly created team MOTEL (MOdels and Tools for Enhanced Learning).
# Transformation41 Project
Transformation41 aims at proposing analytics tools to teachers in order to give insights of students’ digital practice, and to support them in transforming pedagogical practices.
The MOTEL team, in collaboration with another team of LIUM laboratory, Laval (France), will focus on proposing adapted dynamic Learning Analytics Dashboards (LAD) (Schwendimann et al. 2016). In previous work conducted during Hubble project, our two teams proposed an User centered approach for LAD Generation (Dabbebi et al. 2017), we aim to reuse and extend in this project. Current results include:
- A participatory-based design tool of Learning Analytics Dashboards (Gilliot et al. 2018), that enable effective capture of user needs;
- LAD models that include user context and aimed decision, and LAD Presentation;
- A prototype that generate dedicated LADs according to those models;
Our objective is to produce dedicated LADs to teachers in the project context, and to extend our models, and related tool and prototype in order to include dynamic evolution of the LAD to support the decision-making process.
# Job description
The proposed work takes place in the frame of the Transformation41 project.
Within this project, the applicant will have in charge of:
- The design and implementation of dynamic LAD models and corresponding LAD Generation tool
- The generation of LADs for Transformation41 teachers.
- The upgrade of the participatory design tool to capture decision-making process needs.
To this purpose, the applicant will be part of a team of eight people, and work in close cooperation of the LIUM team, under the supervision of the project leader at IMT Atlantique.
The applicant should have
- Already worked in the context of Technology-Enhanced Learning Systems and/or Intelligent Computer-Based Systems.
- PhD, preferably in Computer Science with some expertise in : Adaptive Hypermedia, Dashboards generation and/or Software engineering and web development
- Fluent in English - French appreciated
- Being autonomous, curious, with sense of responsibility and compliance with commitments
- Project Management;
To apply, please send to Jean-Marie Gilliot (email@example.com ):
- CV with list of publications, and referees
- Short research statement
- Dabbebi, I., Iksal, S., Gilliot, J. M., May, M., & Garlatti, S. Towards Adaptive Dashboards for Learning Analytic: An Approach for Conceptual Design and implementation. 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2017), Apr 2017, Porto, Portugal. pp.120-131, 10.5220/0006325601200131ff. hal-01574127
- Gilliot, J. M., Iksal, S., Medou, D., & Dabbebi, I. (2018, October). Conception participative de tableaux de bord d'apprentissage. IHM’18 : 30e Conférence Francophone sur l’Interaction Homme-Machine, Oct 2018, Brest, France. pp. 119-127. hal-01897914
- Schwendimann, B. A., Rodriguez-Triana, M. J., Vozniuk, A., Prieto, L. P., Boroujeni, M. S., Holzer, A., ... & Dillenbourg, P. (2016). Perceiving learning at a glance: A systematic literature review of learning dashboard research. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, 10(1), 30-41.
Dernière mise à jour : 9 juin, 2020 - 13:46